Friday, July 17, 2009

Dead Chicks & A Poem | Purchase College, SUNY















My doggy-bag committed suicide in my left hand while my camera couldn't stop staring as it dangled from the right. I almost stepped on them but squealed in disbelief while trying to avoid the pavement. My lunch began to panic seeking immediate exit somewhere along the Lincoln Avenue underpass and the Richard & Dolly Maass Gallery.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Images captured against their will
Ebony snapped, the reality spilled
What could live on in an image
When it, itself is without life?
The paper dead once struck by light
Shortly after
Framed portrayals peek when dipped
Arrested memories released
They experience. . .
Conjured attributions
We project and stare
Tracing form and resolution
Stripped naked and bare
With his camera,
The photographer shoots
An ebb & flow of word
The critic lets loose
Still born, the photos
hung by his noose
Images eroded
Saddened and deduced.

"EROSION"
c 2009 Ebony Brown





4 comments:

Indian July 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Great picture and even greater poem. :)

Li Martins July 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

You're always welcome!!! I like your blog too! Great photos ;)

DollsAndSpooks July 21, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Your blog is cool, I am so glad I happened to visit it.Please visit my blog too, charmedwishes18.blogspot.com thanks!

Ginny August 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I love how you said that the images were, "Captured against their will."

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Ebony on Twitter Hiatus - She'll be back!

Blog Archive

What are Students Saying About the School of Art+Design? See Video.

Conservatory of Music on Twitter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP