Thursday, April 16, 2009

Neil Fridd; Eclectic, Engaging & Truly Entertaining | Purchase College SUNY BFA Show Down!


Photo by Nicholas Roberts for The New York Times, ONE-MAN MENAGERIE Neil Fridd of Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt!

My mouth is still on the floor, lyrics are running wild, and my mind is wondrously tuning in and out of the high energy, interactive, musical performance of Neil Fridd, Sculpture, BFA Candidate '09.

I find myself juxtaposed between my right and left brain where my heart is left to referee. Writing about my experience at Neil's show isn't sitting well with my right brain; dare I share this experience with you, without video footage or photos of my own.

Though experience is usually more telling, word of mouth exist for a reason; how else would people know the good from the ugly? I must say, the onslaught of human offering and soul bearing by Neil, his "band" and amped-up supporters was nothing short of incredible. A witness to something truly honest, free-spirited and engaging, I urge you to indulge in 'the' Fridd; if you're a performing artist, prepare to find renewed inspiration!

Neil Fridd is performing tonight 7-10PM, KICKIN' AND SCREENIN' at the Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art (HVCCA) in Peekskill, NY! MORE INFO HERE: online version

Here’s the New York Times review regarding Neil’s previous show. http://tinyurl.com/dm2w5w

"I wanna be there!" keeps replaying in my head, I'm singing Neil's lyrics
...aloud..., my co-workers are looking at me funny...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Ebony on Twitter Hiatus - She'll be back!

Blog Archive

What are Students Saying About the School of Art+Design? See Video.

Conservatory of Music on Twitter

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP